Thursday 5 November 2015

Tetovo & Matka Canyon

 Hello!

Today I'm going to describe (briefly)  another two places which I recommend you to visit in Macedonia. I'm really sorry but I truly like this country so I must warn you that it isn't my last post about it. :)




The first one is a mosque located in Tetovo. By the way, it was the first and the only Macedonian town in which I had a shock. Traffic jams, bad driving and so on, in general - disorder .... everywhere. For this reason we decided to visit only this place and leave Tetovo as soon as possible.

Anyway, in Macedonian the building is called Šarena Džamija, while in English it means Decorated Mosque. It was originally built nearly 600 years ago, then it was rebuilt. The facade of the building draws people, because it's covered with a great number of vivid, colorful paintings. There are a lot of them also inside. It doesn't look like any other mosque I have seen. It looks rather like it was made from some playing cards. Unfortunately, it was foribbden to take photos inside, but it's easy to find them on other websites. Check them out, because they are absolutely worth seeing!









And now something for nature lovers - Matka Canyon. It's situated close to Skopje and it's a popular tourist destination. There are dozens of caves (some of them are under the water) and monasteries. As you can guess, there are a lot of things to do: mountain biking and climbing, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, scuba diving or walking. It's a perfect place to chill out and spend an active day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment