Thursday 28 May 2015

Vilnius

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to visit at least three European capitals. I am happy to say that I have achieved my goal in less than five months. That makes me feel more motivated and I strongly believe that I can reach also other aims. :)


So, it's time to write something about the third capital I visited. This trip was unplanned. It means that I had no intention to visit Lithuania (at least in the near future).. I think that sometimes it is good to travel with absolutely no plans and to make spontaneous decisions (which doesn't mean that this rule refers to all areas of life). One thing travelling always reminds me is how many places the world has to explore. It's also a great way to learn something about other cultures, people but especially about ourselves. For me, traveling isn't conected only with watching charming views, visiting places of historic interest, eating local dishes. Sometimes it gives an opportunity to experience something totally different.
Although I spent only one day in Vilnius, I vistied the most popular places, I met some interesting people and I have some funny stories to tell.  However, I would like to concentrate on historical monuments. 
Below I want to present some photos with a short description, enjoy!

  The Gate of Dawn - one of the most important religious, historical and cultural monuments.

The Gediminas' Tower on the left (the remaining part of the Upper Castle) and the new city center of Vilnius.




One of the streets in the Old Town of Vilnius and a place related to Polish culture.


2 comments:

  1. Your post made me want to visit the town! I like the pictures, the one with the street of the Old Town looks familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there. You dared me to try! Unfortunately, I know that it is quite difficult to get to Vilnus. The buses goes only from Warsaw and there are some problems with changing from train or another bus. But I am going to try one day ;)

    ReplyDelete