Monday 4 May 2015

The Cosmopolis Fountain

Toruń is one of my favorite Polish cities. I suppose that the most famous place is the Old Town.
Therefore, I'd like to mention another special tourist attraction -The  Cosmopolis Fountain.
During the summer season, in the evening hours (if I remember correctly - after 9 p.m) you can admire some performances of water, light and sound. It's truly remarkable experience.



The fountain is situated near the Old Town, I would say that it's a part of them. It's modeled on Copernican heliocentric system and it consists of 113 water nozzles.The central nozzle symbolise the Sun and other nozzles refer to Saturn, Earth, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Mercury.

The light and sound show is accompanied by music records. One of them, entitled Cosmopolis, was composed by Krzesimir Dębski. This record is my favorite one. You can also listen to film music.
The water is illuminated by colourful light. Of course, the water movements are harmonized with the music.
Unfortunately, photos and videos don't reflect the real atmosphere of this place. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I like Toruń a lot, but I haven't been there for some time, so I had no idea about this. In the video there is this couple dancing to the "Love Story" theme, which is very sweet. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete