Monday 10 November 2014

Wnuczka do orzechów and my favourite writer.

Today, I would like to present my favourite Polish writer – Małgorzata Musierowicz.
At the beginning I have to admit that I really love to read books, almost all types of them (except fantasy books). For this reason, Thursday was important day for me, because Musierowicz released a new book entitled “Wnuczka do orzechów”. I have waited so long for this book that I almost forgot about it. ;) As you can guess, after my clasess, I went to the bookshop and I bought it. I spent the best part of the day on reading.


It is the 20th part of the cycle called “Jeżycjada” [ the name derives from one of the Poznan's discrict Jeżyce]. Generally, it is a series of books for young people , but in my opinion not only.
I just want to present it in a general way, without going into details, and maybe encourage you to read some of them (Ida sierpniowa is my favourite one ;) )
The main family of Jeżycjada constitutes Borejko’s family, who live at Roosevelt street. Of course, there are also other families. Every book is dedicated to one person, but at the same time you can find a lot of references to other characters. It seems to be difficult to read each volume individually because there are so many allusions to previous parts ( the first one is called “Szósta klepka”).


Some curiosities:
  • Interesting is the fact that plot of the books refers to real places in Poznań.
  • The books were translated into different languages such as Japanese.
  • Two of books have their film versions.
  • One of them was awarded the title of "The Book of the Year" by the Polish IBBY department. Another was included in the Hans Christian Andersen Award-Honour List.

3 comments:

  1. It is good to know that Małgorzata Musierowicz keeps writing new books of that series! They were my favorite ones in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a lot of positive opinions about her books. Maybe I will read some of them one day. It could be nice to read stories which take place in the city where I'm living now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want, I can borrow you these books, no problem ;)

      Delete