Friday 28 November 2014

Postcrossing

Have you ever heard of postcrossing?

It's an online project which allows to receive postcards from all over the world. It was a few years ago, when I started my adventure with it. I have had a long break from postcrossing, nevertheless this project is still important to me. In some sense, it gave me the opportunity to ''travel'', without leaving home.

I received many cards from all around the world and I was able to know some interesting information about diffenet cultures and customs.
As it is written on the project's website : ''the main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world''.
For me, it is always a surprise. One day it might be a view from Germany, the next day for example … Brazil.
I remember that my first received postcard came from one of the states in United States – North Carolina.
It is also so great to get unusual messages from other people.
There is one particular message which I still remember. A man from Netherlands, who is concerned with folk medicine, described me his job, explained where in the Netherlands you can find the appropriate herbs to prepare some medicine. At the end of his story, he even wrote me a special recipe. As you can imagine, I was really surprised. :)


For more detalis visit: http://www.postcrossing.com/

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also Postcrossing user even if I have sent and received only a few postcards. I like the moment when I have to draw a person to whom send my postcard. I always try to guess the country of the Postcrosser before drawing but I'm almost always wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete